The purpose of the Association shall be to:
1. represent its unit members in their relations with their employer and to seek to be the exclusive representative of YCCD full-time faculty in all matters relating to employment conditions and employer-employee relations including, but not limited to, wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment.
2. further the educational aims of the district through a study of its activities and problems and promote such measures as these studies may show to be desirable.
3. assist in the cooperation of the faculty, board of trustees, and community for the welfare of the students.
4. assume a professional role with regard to any professional problems which may arise.
5. promote professional attitudes and ethical conduct among its members.
6. conduct such social activities as the Executive Council may approve or initiate.